Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What Matters Most

   My first goal in life is to please God. What better goal is there? If I strove to be the wisest girl in the world, what would it do for me after I died? Or if I became the richest girl in the world, I couldn't take any of my wealth with me when I died. Earthly life is measured, but God's life is forever. Why would anyone choose the former? Our earthly positions won't get us a better standing in heaven.
   When I die, all that will matter is my relationship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, not who I was or what I did before I died.

   Isaiah 24:2 says,

“And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.”

   I recently read Ezekiel 32:27,

“They shall not lie with the mighty that are fallen of the uncircumcised, which are gone down to hell with their weapons of war: and they have laid their swords under their heads, but their iniquities shall be upon their bones, though they were the terror of the mighty in the land of the living.”

   What stood out to me was how that they might have been a terror to the mighty in the land of the living, but that means nothing now. Physical strength won't do us any good after our inevitable deaths, but as Isaiah 26:4 says,

Trust ye in the Lord forever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength.”

No comments:

Post a Comment