Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Have Faith!

    Hello everybody! It’s spring and I’m happy! There may still be snow and chilly weather, but the sky is blue and the sun is shining! A while back I was thinking about faith and works. Here is a short story to illustrate my thoughts.

Three o’clock! School out! Matilda closed her books and yawned, and started thinking about all the things she had to get done: laundry, cleaning rooms, an essay she had to write, extra studying for a test coming up...She yawned again, “If I were diligent, I could get them all finished. Oh, if only I had diligence!” So she prayed, “Dear Lord, please help me to be diligent...” Then she went outside to enjoy the sunny day. At the end of the day, as she was getting ready for bed, she noticed her checklist had no checks. “I didn’t get anything done!” she wailed. “Why can’t I be diligent?” She had prayed for diligence, and she knew it was God’s will for her to be diligent, but what happened?
 
    Matilda had faith that God wanted her to be diligent, but she must not have believed that He would help her, or she wouldn’t have left her work. If she had faith, she would have started working, confident that God would help her to be diligent to get it all done.
    The Bible says in James that faith without works is dead. Have faith...and show it!

No comments:

Post a Comment